Sunday, April 22, 2012

Happy Earth Day

If I've learned anything from my time online it's that there is a holiday each day of the year; Best Friends Day, High Five Day, Orgasm Day, Share a Smile, the list goes on. Whether these are nationally recognized holidays or merely a recognition gone viral, I can't say, but what I do know is; I've yet to participate and here's why:

I strive to celebrate these daily. My best friends know they're appreciated. Verbal high fives and casual smiles are gratifying, not only to myself, but to others. The orgasms... that's a post for another day, but you get the picture.

Earth Day, however, is not an event that crosses my mind often, but it should. Today, Earth Day 2012, for the first time I'm getting involved and not just for the day, for life and for the futures of my children and the futures of theirs.

If you're like me and unaware of things you can do to help preserve our planet, earthday.org has a variety of tips to help you and your family educate and go green.

Happy Earth Day!

No comments: